Kyosho Beetle 2014 Build - Part 2 Suspension And Body

 Kyosho Beetle 2014 Build - Part 2


Suspension And Body 



28/12/2020



Hello RC enthusiasts from around the world. 

All parts can be found below:-




Welcome to Part 2 of The Kyosho Beetle 2014 Build. In Part 2, I will be assembling and installing the front and rear suspension. I will also be fitting the wheels and the body shell. Once again I shall be following the official Kyosho build instructions and build sequence. I will be picking up from the last post, which left me at the bottom of page 12 (Part 1)as can be seen below.


The above picture shows my progress up to the bottom of page 12. You will notice what I mentioned in Part 1, that I had not fastened down the torsion bar (Part no. SC239B) with the clamps (part no SC206a). The black bar with the silver clamps. I left it loose as I was unsure of its correct orientation. I will address that in this post.

Picking up at the top of page 13, I am instructed to fill the shock assemblies with oil. As this car will not be used, I will not be filling the shocks. Also they can easily be filled with oil at a later date. As the shocks are preassembled, it will save a lot of time.


The above picture shows my progress to the bottom of page 13. With the rear trailing arms assembled, it was time to assemble the trailing arm pivots. 


The above picture shows the angle of the rear trailing arm pivots. The above picture shows my progress to the bottom of page 15. When assembling the plastics roll cage I was careful not to over tighten and strip the plastic out. 

At the top of page 16 I am instructed to assemble the front lower arms. As all these parts are handed (left and right), I was careful to identify which side they were intended for. It was quite easy as the parts are marked L and R.


The above picture is up to the bottom of page 16, with the front lower arms assembled.


Another picture up to page 17. 

On page 18 it describes where the front torsion bar should sit. There are marks on Parts SC239B and SC206a. These marks set the position of the torsion bar, then I simply fastened it up.

It was now time to fit the front bumper and having a choice of two I decided on the smaller of the two as can be seen in the picture below.


And that picture takes us to the bottom of page 18.

After following stages 24, 25, 26 and 28 (as I am not fitting any electronics), I was nearing completion.


I am now at the bottom of page 20 as can be seen above. After stage 28, with no electronics to install, I completed stages 31, 32 and 33 as can be seen below.


Again I remind you this buggy will not be used so I am not gluing the tyres to the rims as is instructed in stage 32. With stage 33 complete and the wheels fitted, that is the end of the vehicle assembly. As the body shell is pre cut, I decided to pop the shell on and roughly paint the left hand tyres to see how it looked.


And I love it.


Looking good.


From all angles.

Stage 34 at the top of page 24 deals with painting, decals and detailing of which I with cover in Part 3 very soon.

Finally, paint colour choice. 
Do I do it box art yellow/orange
or
Something a little different but with the same decals. New wheels etc.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and maybe found it useful in some small way.
Please join me in Part 3 where I will be attempting to paint the beetle.

Thank you for reading my humble post.

Until next time, take care and all the best!!

catxls.com 2020

28/12/2020


Comments

  1. Big thanks to RunTheRC over at Reddit for reading my posts!! Thumbs up bud!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment